Saturday 17 January 2015

20) Old Jaffa Port


      "Jaffa Port played an important role in the maritime trade, and served as a permanent naval station in the eastern basin of the Mediterranean. The sea and port of Jaffa are mentioned in many written sources, like the legends of the Greek mythology and in the Jewish and Christian traditions. The bible recalls Jaffa port as the port from which the prophet Jonah left for his journey and was swallowed by the whale."
www.the-selected.com


Last day in Israel before leaving for Spain tomorrow. Feeling tired and in the process of letting go of my dear Israel. Making way for a new adventure in Spain which will be so different. With all the relatives and friends, history and Jewishness here, I have a deep sense of belonging.

     









             Serious opera.








At the Tel Aviv Museum of Art I meet my cousins, Rosalie and Roberto. We walk around gazing at pictures and installations, discussing contemporary art and Israeli politics. They farewell me warmly on my last evening in Israel before I head off to Spain tomorrow.

I'll never be the same! I love Israel. I found the rellies, friends and strangers in Israel to be the most friendly, helpful people I've ever experienced - I had expected brash but they were sweet.


















No comments:

Post a Comment