Sunday 11 January 2015

12) Safed (Tsfat)








    The Sephardi Synagogue - I remember it clearly from my last visit to Safed forty years ago.

       Our beautiful, spiritual, caring, musical Kabbalah group on the Bimah. (Photo: Neshama Life)

     The painted arches in their naive style made a lasting impression on me. Now my home is adorned with murals and painted furniture.


       Rooftop viewing in Tsfat
        Rooftop balconies, outdoor iron staircases and hotchpotch housing abound, albeit united by the uniform limestone.



          DAVID FRIEDMAN KABBALAH ARTIST IN SAFED
David Friedman speaks to us about Kabbalah and how it informs his art.



David's wife, Miriam, welcomes me into her kitchen to see the Arabic architecture. The Friedmans' visitor enjoys posing for a photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment