Wednesday 14 January 2015

15) David's Tomb and the Jewish Quarter in the Old City


          The Room of The Last Supper







                    Zion's Gate 


      The iron Mezzuzah at entrance to the Zion Gate


    THE HOLY CITY OF JERUSALEM


Note the lower right hand corner, a pomegranate offered to the future, symbolised by the child dressed in modern clothes.
www.citecreation.fr

    Map of Jerusalem in the First Temple period 1000-586 B.C.

      Leonie and me in the Jewish Quarter


       With Sue B and Sue L with whom I will be in Spain in just four days.





       The dome is that of Hachurvah Synagogue

          The Golden Dome Mosque

To Jerusalem, my city, I wanted to say, out loud,
words that I whisper to her heart
So that my ears may also hear that which to her,
My heart murmurs.

by Amit Gilboa

No comments:

Post a Comment